Giulia Agostini © 2016 www.giuliaagostini.com
The space before our first kiss: that’s my favorite universe.
When everything is still possible and your body is my promised land, my senses are full of grace.
In the space between you and me, I can make my desire grow, with all my body.
In this workshop we will explore these lands, often burned. We will discover how desire can be nurtured — until we get lost.
What happens in the workshop?
We will perform practices aimed at:
– Coming into contact with our own body, our desires, our eroticism in that specific moment
– Observing/discovering the others
– Making their desire grow (one, two, everybody: there are no limits to the number of people that can perform this practice)
– Listen to the desires of the others
– Making the desires to dialogue by different means (gaze, facial expression, proximity, smell)
For whom is the workshop?
Will I need to bring something, is there a dress code, how do I prepare?
Is there nudity in the workshop?
It’s not necessary but not forbidden.
Chiara Bersani is an Italian performing artist. Her research focuses on the political meaning of the body, on expanding and subverting the often-stereotypical assumptions we make when looking at the bodies of others. On stage, Chiara uses the specificity of her own body, and the way it is transformed by the Brittle Bone Disease, to create unique, unforgettable choreographic languages. The workshop follows the themes of her performance Goodnight Peeping Tom that explored the power of gaze to create intimate, erotic moments, full of exciting potential.